06.15.2010 - NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 257 257.21 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of your NVIDIA product.
This is the first driver release from the Release 256 family of drivers (versions 256.xx to 259.xx). This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, and 400-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. Learn more about Release 256 drivers here.
New in Version 257.21
System Software to version 9.10.0223.
- Adds support for OpenGL 4.0 for GeForce GTX 400 Series GPUs.
- Adds support for CUDA Toolkit 3.1 which includes significant performance increases for double precision math operations. See
for more details.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel setup page for SLI and PhysX for ultimate control over multi-gpu configurations.
- Adds a new NVIDIA Control Panel feature for ultimate control over CUDA GPUs, allowing the user to effectively choose which GPU will power each CUDA application.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Download ForceWare for Windows XP (32-bit)
- Installs HD Audio driver version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
- Supports the new GPU-accelerated features in
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more
- Supports the new version of MotionDSP's video enhancement software, vReveal, which adds support for HD output. NVIDIA customers can download a free version of vReveal that supports up to SD output here.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (Open Computing Language) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.3 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports single GPU and
NVIDIA SLI technology
* on DirectX 9 and OpenGL.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Download ForceWare for Windows XP (64-bit)
- View Additional Information
- View Release Notes
- Visit NVIDIA Corporation
NID: 33932 / Submitted by: TACKtech Team
|Most recent NVIDIA-drivers related news.|
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 327.23 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
View archive of NVIDIA-drivers related news.
Yahoo! My Web