01.22.2009 - NVIDIA ForceWare Release 181 181.22 WHQL for Vista 32-bit/64bit
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of your NVIDIA product.
New in Release 181.22:
New in all Release 181 drivers:
- This driver is recommended for the best GPU PhysX experience in EA’s hot PC title Mirror’s Edge.
- This driver package automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0010.
- Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
Exciting New Features:
Blazing Fast Performance:
- Added support for GeForce GTX 295 and GeForce GTX 285.
- Enables NVIDIA SLI technology on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards with all SLI-certified GPUs.
- Enables NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Now you can easily switch between multi-monitor desktop mode and full screen 3D gaming mode. Learn more here.
- Enables NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. (Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory).
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Added support for the new NVIDIA CUDA Video Encoder with H.264 optimization.
- Boosts performance in numerous 3D applications. The following are some examples of improvements measured with Release 181 drivers vs. Release 178 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 10% performance increase in 3DMark Vantage (performance preset)
- Up to 13% performance increase in Assassin's Creed
- Up to 13% performance increase in BioShock
- Up to 15% performance increase in Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
- Up to 10% performance increase in Crysis Warhead
- Up to 25% performance increase in Devil May Cry 4
- Up to 38% performance increase in Far Cry 2
- Up to 18% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID
- Up to 80% performance increase in Lost Planet: Colonies
- Up to 18% performance increase in World of Conflict
- Download ForceWare for Windows Vista 32-bit
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way and Quad SLI technology.
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.
- Includes numerous 3D application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver here.
- Download ForceWare for Windows Vista 64-bit
- View Additional Information
- View Release Notes
- Visit NVIDIA Corporation
NID: 26583 / Submitted by: TACKtech Team
|Most recent NVIDIA-drivers related news.|
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.65 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 331.58 WHQL for Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
NVIDIA GeForce/ION Driver Release 327.23 WHQL for Vista/7/8 32-bit/64bit
View archive of NVIDIA-drivers related news.
Yahoo! My Web