2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of pglogical 1.2 - now supporting PostgreSQL 9.6. Implemented entirely as a PostgreSQL extension, pglogical is a logical replication system that serves as a highly efficient method of replicating data as an alternative to physical replication.
In addition to a change in the way the output plugin and apply plugin are handled, some of the important feature updates and changes in this release include:
- keepalive tuned to much smaller values by default so that pglogical will notice network issues earlier
- Better compatibility when upgrading from PostgreSQL 9.4 - it's now safe to use the internal schema synchronization for that
- Improved conflict handling
- Improved support for replica triggers
- Several issues with initial synchronizations fixed
- Easier monitoring of the initial synchronization in pg_stat_replication
There are also several documentation improvements.
To find more information, including installation instructions, please visit the pglogical home page on the 2ndQuadrant website: https://2ndquadrant.com/en/resources/pglogical/
- Download PostgreSQL
- View Press Release
- Visit PostgreSQL