2ndQuadrant, the leading developers of PostgreSQL, are delighted to announce the release of pglogical 1.1 – the next generation in replication systems for PostgreSQL.
The 1.1 release brings new features along with bug fixes to pglogical. Same salient features are listed below:
- Sequence replication support
- Support for replica triggers
- Foreign keys are no longer checked on the replica
- Multiple subscriptions between single pair of nodes
- The create_subscription function does not synchronize structure change by default
- User can specify affected replication sets in replicate_ddl_command function
- New functions for manipulating connection strings of nodes
- PGLogical processes are clearly marked in the pg_stat_activity
- Better behavior on worker crashes
- Logging improvements
- Ubuntu Xenial package
pglogical offers Logical Replication as a PostgreSQL extension, which provides the flexibility of trigger-based replication with the efficiency of log-based replication. This ground-breaking new technology has benefits for many key use cases
- UPGRADE Upgrade PostgreSQL from 9.4 to 9.5, without downtime
- SCALE OUT Copy all or a selection of database tables to other nodes in a cluster
- AGGREGATE Accumulate changes from sharded database servers into a Data Warehouse
- INTEGRATE Feed database changes in real-time to other systems
pglogical is open source and available for download as binary packages for PostgreSQL 9.4 and 9.5 versions. Visit http://2ndquadrant.com/pglogical/ for more detail.
2ndQuadrant’s respected 24/7 Production Support provides the fastest and highest rated response service for PostgreSQL anywhere and is available now worldwide.
2ndQuadrant leads the drive for improving the enterprise functionality for PostgreSQL, contributing major features every year in performance, replication, business intelligence and usability.
- Download PostgreSQL
- View Press Release
- Visit PostgreSQL