Paris, France - May 6th, 2014
DALIBO is proud to announce the release of pgBadger 5.1.
pgBadger is a PostgreSQL performance analyzer, built for speed with
fully detailed reports based on your Postgres log files.
This new release fixes several issues and adds some new features:
- Support to named PREPARE and EXECUTE queries. They are replaced by
the real prepare statement and reported into top queries.
- Add new --exclude-line command line option for excluding immediately
log entries matching any regex.
- Included remote and client information into the most frequent events.
- pgBadger is now able to parse remote logfiles using a password less
ssh connection and generate locally the reports.
- Histogram granularity can be adjusted using the -A command line option.
- Add new detail information on top queries to show when the query is a
- Support to logfile compressed using the xz compression format.
- Change week/day menu in incremental index, it is now represented as
usual with a calendar view per month.
- Fix various compatibility issue with Windows and Perl 5.8
For the complete list of changes, please checkout the release note on
Links & Credits
DALIBO would like to thank the developers who submitted patches and the
users who reported bugs and feature requests, especially Herve Werner,
Fangr Zhang, Ulf Renman, Thom Brown, Johnny Tan, hkrizek, Magnus Persson,
Ronan Dunklau, Adrien Nayrat, William Moran, Orange OLPS department, Josh
Kupershmidt, brunomgalmeida, Brian DeRocher, ferfebles and Josh Berkus.
With very special thanks to Herve Werner who took time and efforts to
heavily test the incremental pgBadger feature.
pgBadger is an open project. Any contribution to build a better tool is
welcome. You just have to send your ideas, features requests or patches
using the GitHub tools or directly on our mailing list.
About pgBadger :
pgBagder is a new generation log analyzer for PostgreSQL, created by
Gilles Darold (also author of ora2pg, the powerful migration tool).
pgBadger is a fast and easy tool to analyze your SQL traffic and create
HTML5 reports with dynamics graphs. pgBadger is the perfect tool to
understand the behavior of your PostgreSQL servers and identify which
SQL queries need to be optimized.
Docs, Download & Demo at http://dalibo.github.io/pgbadger/
About DALIBO :
DALIBO is the leading PostgreSQL company in France, providing support,
trainings and consulting to its customers since 2005. The company
contributes to the PostgreSQL community in various ways, including :
code, articles, translations, free conferences and workshops
Check out DALIBO's open source projects at http://dalibo.github.io
- Download PostgreSQL
- View Press Release
- Visit PostgreSQL