The AMD Partner Program helps participating channel partners to grow and prosper with AMD’s broad, industry-leading technology portfolio.
The framework of the program is aspirational by design, encouraging channel partners to grow with AMD. Channel Partners are assigned a track based on their business model (Etailer, Retailer, System Builder, and Distributor) and earn their tier (Select, Provisional Premier, Premier, Elite) based on transparent criteria. They know exactly how to ascend in the program to gain increased benefits. Partner reviews and dashboards are key features that help partners track of their progress in the program as they continue reaching for new heights.
Partner tier determines the level of available benefits. Partner track determines the type of available benefits. The type of benefits needed to help partners grow differs by business model and APP delivers on that. For example,
- System Builders need technical benefits to help support their systems-design process: product samples, drivers, BIOS updates, and access to technical support
- Retailers & Etailers need marketing benefits to help support their sales-out efforts: marketing campaigns, product bundles, web banners, and inclusion in AMD’s ‘Where to Buy’ online shop
- Distributors need technical benefits to help enable their sales teams to resell AMD technology: product training, sales tools, third party benchmarks, and top reviews and news
Each tier from Select to Elite is eligible to earn an increasing level of benefits. Once a partner achieves Elite status they are eligible to receive exclusive benefits according to track - benefits that will help them continue to prosper, including:
- Co-Marketing Funding (MAF) - Partners can earn funds to be used to promote the sale of AMD products or systems through the purchase and/or sale of qualifying products. As a matching fund, AMD MAF helps to magnify the power of marketing budgets.
- Advertising on the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center (CCC) Driver Site - Partners promote their AMD-based products and solutions via banner advertisements to end-users on the CCC driver site which is visited by millions of users annually.
- Participation in the AMD Executive Team (AET) Summit - Partners can earn access to the AMD Executive team via the AET Summit and are briefed on AMD’s corporate vision, technology and product strategy, and the key role of AMD’s channel partners. All members have access to the AMD Partner Portal (APP.AMD.com), a secure website that provides resources to help partners grow their AMD business. Partners will find: APP documentation, sales tools, marketing assets, product training, Ask the Experts, videos, top reviews and news, and Sales Opportunities. The new Sales Opportunities feature provides partners essential information on how to build a business reselling solutions based on AMD technology including AMD FirePro™ workstation graphics, tablets, mini PCs, and AIOs. All resources found on the AMD Partner Portal help partners position their AMD-based components and solutions for success.
Additionally, all partners have access to a broad range of timely Channel Update communications with the latest news, third party product reviews, industry benchmarks, and more—delivered directly to partners’ inbox. Designed to help partners position and sell AMD technology, Channel Updates are tailored to track and tier.We’re looking forward to the impact that the AMD Partner Program will have on our channel partners’ success!
John Morris, Director of Worldwide Business Management at AMD. His postings are his own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites, and references to third party trademarks, are provided for convenience and illustrative purposes only. Unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such links, and no third party endorsement of AMD or any of its products is implied.