Do you use Postgres for interesting things? Do you develop nifty
applications in Python? Do you use them together? Then submit a talk
PyPgDay will be held on March 13th at the Santa Clara Convention Center,
the first day of PyCon. We are specifically looking for talks about:
- General PostgreSQL administration and performance
- PostgreSQL replication
- Developing applications with Postgres and Python
- PostgreSQL administration tools written in Python
- Data-intensive Django/Pylons/SQLAlchemy/etc. applications
- PostGIS and GeoDjango
- New Postgres features, like JSON, Range Types and PL/v8
Talks will be 45 minutes in length, and should be pitched to a mixed
audience of Python developers and Postgres DBAs. There will also be six
lightning talks, each 5 minutes long.
PyPgDay presentations might be broadcast over streaming video. You will need to give your consent to this broadcast.
Submit your proposal here.
The Deadline for submissions is January 20. Speakers will be chosen February 10.
You are encouraged to submit more than one proposal (on different topics).
More information about PyPgDay on the wiki.
- Download PostgreSQL
- View Press Release
- Visit PostgreSQL