05.10.2010 - NVIDIA ForceWare Release 197 197.75 WHQL for Vista/7 32-bit/64bit
Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability, and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of your NVIDIA product.
This is a WHQL driver for GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, and 300-series desktop GPUs and ION desktop GPUs. This driver resolves fan speed issues reported with version 196.75 drivers. NVIDIA asks that you remove 196.75 drivers and update to this 197.75 WHQL driver.
New in Version 197.75
Existing Support in Release 197 Drivers
- Recommended driver for the beta release of the PC game APB.
- Adds 4-way SLI support for GeForce GTX 480.
Next Generation ION
GeForce GT 320
GeForce GT 330
GeForce GT 340
- Upgrades PhysX System Software to version 9.10.0129.
- Upgrades HD Audio driver to version 184.108.40.206 (for supported GPUs).
- Increases performance in several PC games from v196.21 WHQL. The following are examples of measured improvements. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration:
- Up to 13% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with a single GPU
- Up to 30% performance increase in Crysis: Warhead with SLI technology
- Up to 13% performance increase in H.A.W.X with single GPU
- Up to 15% performance increase in H.A.W.X with SLI technology
- Up to 30% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with single GPU
- Up to 28% performance increase in Left 4 Dead with SLI technology
- Adds SLI and multi-GPU support for top new gaming titles including Assassin Creed II, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Command and Conquer 4: Tiberium Twilight, Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes from Liberty City, Mass Effect 2, Napoleon: Total War, and Zombie Driver.
- Enhanced SLI support for Metro 2033, Supreme Commander 2, Unigine, and World of Warcraft.
support for Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, Need for Speed: Shift, Resident Evil 5, RUSE, and Street Fighter IV.
- Adds override anti-aliasing support for Mass Effect 2.
- Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes on the documentation tab for information about the key bug fixes in this release.
- Users without US English operating systems can select their language and download the International driver
- Download ForceWare for Windows 7 and Windows Vista (32-bit)
- Supports GPU-acceleration for smoother online HD videos with Adobe Flash 10.1. Learn more
with Windows 7 and GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenCL 1.0 (
Open Computing Language
) for all GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports OpenGL 3.2 for GeForce 8-series and later GPUs.
- Supports CUDA Toolkit 3.0 features and performance enhancements. See
for more details.
- Supports single GPU and
NVIDIA SLI technology
on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more
these FREE PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing
NVIDIA System Tools software
- Download ForceWare for Windows 7 and Windows Vista (64-bit)
- View Additional Information
- View Release Notes
- Visit NVIDIA Corporation